Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Australia

Have I ever told you I almost moved to Sydney for two years for grad school? I was in Sydney and had an apartment and everything...but one thing led to another and I left after three weeks. The school was not the right fit for me and there were other reasons that are personal that I won't get into (I don't talk much about it because I know no one but my family can truly understand my decision). I was lucky that my mom and brother went a long with me, dad had to stay home and work...someone has to I guess. So the day I made the decision I wasn't staying they helped me pack up my apartment (it was a studio) in an hour flat and we got a hotel room for our last four days in the city. The decision to leave was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life, actually it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I felt like a failure. But i've never once regretted it. Ever. I would have been miserable there and probably would have gotten super depressed and being so far away from everything I know would have made it worse.

But now whenever I see Australia commercials, you know the "come to our country we're awesome" commercials, I want to go back! It LOVED Sydney and the people are awesome! I want be able to see more of the country and go to Steve Irwin's zoo (I know I know). Its my goal to one day go back, I want to take a whole month, or more, and travel as much of the country as I can. And I won't rule out the possibility of moving there again (I won't rule out the possibility of moving anywhere in the world), who knows where this degree I'm doing can take me!

The three weeks I spent there were some of the worst and best of my life. Now when I have a challenge in front of me that seems impossible I'm not scared because I know I'll be ok no matter the outcome. The time in Australia taught me a lot about myself and how strong I am and to listen to myself.

This was a random post, I was just thinking about it today. Anyway, thats all. Happy Tuesday!

1 comments:

Rachel Durban said...

I want to go back too! :)