Monday, November 15, 2010

And the saga continues...

So I went into the campus housing office this morning to say I would like to cancel and the lady at the front desk, though very sweet, made it sound like a lost cause saying I signed up for it for a year blah blah blah. I said yeah but I can't afford it now, I really need to find cheaper housing. So I filled out the form and sent them my official request of cancellation letter. And said I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!! Well they're all oh well it takes a week normally for the request to go through, I said not good enough, I leave Friday to go home for the Holidays, I need to know today or tomorrow so I have time to move out before Friday when our stupid apartments close! And they were all oh well we'll do our best. Not good enough, I mean really how hard is it to say yes or no your campus housing is cancelled. and really if it's that big of a deal just charge people a housing cancellation fee so you get your dear money. ugh.

Also, is it just the two graduate schools I've been to or do all schools treat grad students like crap? My undergrad college was amazing!!! They were so nice and helpful, but these last two schools are not helpful AT ALL and just don't want to work with the students! I'm so tired of it! I'm paying you a ridiculous amount of money a year, you work for me so be nice! humph.

Anyway hopefully I'll hear tomorrow from housing and then I'll be able to move! The couple was so nice today, I called and said haven't heard yet do you want me to run over a check to hold the apartment and they were all oh no that's not necessary just let us know when you hear. I really hope this works out because they seem like they'd be great landlords! Anyway, just needed write out my frustrations. hope you're monday is going well!

0 comments: