Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The best weekend ever!

I had the bestest, most wonderfulest, funnest weekend ever!!! My parents and I were planning on going to Whistler in Canada this last weekend, a few months ago I had invited Ashlee and Heather but kinda figuring between work and the cost of plane tickets they probably wouldn't be able to come. They said they'd try but weren't sure if it'd work. So anyway I wasn't going to tag along with the parents by myself, but then last week I decided I might as well go, because if anything I could sit by the pool and read.

Well on Thursday night I asked my mom what she was doing the next day because I needed help with a sewing project and would she be around. I saw on her calendar that she had some appointment in Seattle in the morning and she was like oh yeah well I have to go to a meeting but I'll be back by noonish, but she was really vague about the details, which is unusual for her. So I was like ok whatever, I'll wait till the afternoon. So I got up that morning an did some editing and photoshop work for mom and then was starting to work on the baby dress I'm making, and I heard mom get back and she came upstairs and was showing me some new shorts she got and just as I was asking her what she was doing in Seattle (because I'm a nosey kid and like to know things) I heard people behind me so turned around and who was standing there but Ashlee and Heather!!! It took me a second to realize that it was them and they were here! I thought I wasn't going to see them for a few more months, when they visit me in Georgia! Needless to say I was super excited!!!

Luckily we were able to meet up with Janelle and Megan that night for dessert. We had an absolute blast, we were those annoying loud girls in the restaurant laughing too much and talking too loudly! But we didn't care, we were together and having fun! That evening I was like we should tell Janelle to blow off any plans and come with us! So anyway we were leaving the next morning for Whistler and as we were all sitting at breakfast who shows up but Janelle! The parents and the twins invited her along too!!!! Oh sillies.

I must say they did a good job of surprising me, I normally end up finding out about surprises somehow,  but these two were total secrets! Anyway, we had a blast in Whistler. We went up both mountains, did the Peak to Peak gondola (which was a little too much for me so I will probably not do it again, but I did it once so thats what matters) and lounged by the pool and went out on the town...er village...and just had a great girls weekend! None of us were ready for it to end and to see real life once again.







0 comments: