Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween!

I've always been a fan of Halloween, not because its creepy and scary but because I LOVE DRESSING UP!!!!! Yep I was that little girl with a dress up clothes chest and came up with a new character everyday so Halloween was like amazing because I could dress up even more! GAH!

My favorite costumes were a picnic table (complete with food) and a cheetah (mom made me a cheetah jumper and a cap with ears. It. was. awesome.). I never went trick or treating a ton though, we didn't live in a neighborhood, we lived out in the boonies, so we went to our "harvest festival" at school...I went to a Lutheran school. But as I got older friends and I would start meeting at their houses and go trick or treating in their neighborhoods. We trick or treated all through high school. I'm not kidding. I love candy and dressing up that much that I made my friends go every year! They liked though, don't let them tell you otherwise!

In college we didn't do a ton, our school would open all our dorms for the professors kids to come trick or treating through and that was pretty cute, but that was about all we did. Then I moved to LA. Halloween there is AMAZING!!!! We heard that Santa Monica Blvd was the place to be so were like ok we'll do that. We heard it was crazy, but didn't know that it was CRAZZZYYYYY!!!!! Seriously! insane. But so freaking awesome! All you really do it walk up and down SMB and see all the crazy and drunk people dressed up. But we had so much fun the two years we lived there!

The first year I was a bumble bee (by far my best homemade costume of all time), Heather was Hannah Montana and Ashlee was the Hulk!


That costume was so hot! It'd be perfect for cool weather Halloween, but not for a California Halloween! I had to take it off before we drove home, and by the way I had to have two people help me into and out of it. The first time I tried it on the girls were helping me out of it and we had the biggest giggle fit and couldn't get it off of me for awhile, I was stuck in my bee costume! 

Anyway last year our girls from Seattle came down to see the madness. Heather, Ashlee, Bethanie and I dressed up as the Jonas Brothers. Again, awesome. Jessie was Janice Joplin and the rest of the girls were roller derby chicks. We had a blast, it was great to share the craziness with our girls because its not something you can describe accurately! 




I wish I had pictures of Santa Monica Blvd, but the few we managed are too dark to see anything well. Just trust we it's crazy. If you're ever in LA for Halloween you have to go!!!

I can't wait for this Halloween, have I mentioned lately that my bff's are coming tomorrow? they are. It's gonna be so fun! I have no idea what its like here for Halloween, I've heard fun. So we shall see!

Hope you all have a good weekend! 
(Thursday are my Friday so that's why I'm a little early in saying happy weekend, just btw)

Happy Halloween!





0 comments: