Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Somedays...

I'm in such a food rut lately. Part of the problem is this kitchen in this apartment is designed so horribly. You'd think a design school would do a better job! Anyway, there's no storage and as any gluten free person knows you need lots of storage for flours and other random goods. I have two shelves to myself, I even had to put food in my room because I ran out of space! Also its a horrible kitchen to cook in, it just doesn't lend itself to its most essential job! There is absolutely no counter space, and any counter space free has drying dishes on it because apparently my roommates don't believe in using a dish washer!

Somedays I dream of dropping out of school and opening a small cafe/bakery, all gluten free and vegetarian of course! It'd be so fun to come up with new recipes and different versions of old ones! But considering I only have a year left of school (so silly not to finish now) and no money it won't happen. Wouldn't it be funny if after all this education I ended up opening a place like that?? My mom says she can see me doing that, like the girl in stranger than fiction. It would be a lot fun, also a lot of work. I just think it'd be so nice to have to cook everyday for people, sounds weird, but seriously then I'd have to be creative and I wouldn't eat the same thing all the time! Maybe someday I'll start a little cafe of my own. Jen's Cafe? Jen's Place? And it'd so cute, either super modern or very vintage feel...considering I'm an interior designer I don't think I'd be able to help myself. Also it'd be totally sustainable...after all I am getting a degree in sustainable design...but not just design but the food would be sustainable as well. Local and organic!

Hm. Could be fun. Ok well, enough day dreaming, back to homework. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like so much fun! I want to join you!

I'm planning on blogging more about Wildtree products and stuff which might inspire you with the food rut thing. It has been fun experimenting and trying new things! I will def bring stuff to try when I visit!

Jenny said...

Yes we can open one in Seattle and name J&H's? haha no, that horrible, we'd come up with a tres cute name! And I can't wait to try some of the Wildtree stuff, it sounds so fun!