Saturday, October 23, 2010

just some days

There just some days when all this sustainability talk really gets me down, I literally cry about it! You can't talk or learn about sustainability without some doom and gloom, its just the nature of it. But there's just some days when it seriously hurts my heart! I ache for this planet and for the people of it and for the future generations to come! What have we done? And why? Didn't we notice what was happening to the environment and to the people and to society? How could we have missed it or overlooked it?

Can we really make the changes that we so desperately need to get our planet back to working order? Can our planet ever really sustain all the people on it? Does anyone really care? I mean do people care what's happening and what has already happened? Isn't it easier to just turn a blind eye to all the problems and not deal with them because we'll probably be gone from this planet before it's complete and total chaos anyway?

But then I remind myself that huge issues in the past have changed! The tobacco industries. Women's and African American rights. And those weren't easy fights. They took a long time. Sustainability or "green" or whatever you want to call it is going to be a hard fight and its going to take a while to change! And I believe we can do it! In fact I know we can do it! I wouldn't be fighting for this change if I didn't. God gave us one planet that sustains life for the people he created, and he left the care of it up to us, how can we not want to make it a better place than we "found" it?

0 comments: