Saturday, September 18, 2010

The beach is always the answer.

After feeling discouraged all week, I took myself to the beach today for a few hours! Being at the beach always clears my head, and today as I was sitting there thinking I realized that this next year is going be a year of learning to be ok with myself. I've never really had to truly do everything on my own before. When I lived in LA I always had the girls to go do stuff with, even simple things like running errands. And before that in college of course there was always someone around! I've never had to always be with just myself before. So I think that is my challenge from God for the next year, learn to be ok being by myself.

I think it'll help me in the future as more and more of my girlfriends get married and start having kids because I'll have to be ok sometimes just being with me. I don't foresee myself being married even within the next 5 years. And not like I'm choosing not to be, I just don't foresee that in the near future, one day, but not soon. And thats ok, I'm learning how to do things on my own! I took myself to the beach today which I would have never done even just a month ago! And I was fine just sitting and reading my homework and listening to my ipod! I was ok!

This will be a challenge though, not having people always around, even though I'm quiet I thrive off others around me! And I'm not saying I won't try and make friends this year. of course I hope to! But the main thing I'm focusing on is getting this degree done as fast as possible and getting good grades, so that won't leave a ton of time for socializing. So I'm starting this next week with a positive outlook! And my goal is to go sit at one of the coffee shops in town for an afternoon while I work on homework! One way to keep my spirits up is to just get out of my apartment!

Hope your weekend is starting out nice!

p.s. commenters, if you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all! I don't care for your opinion on my life, because you obviously don't know me at all!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Did you have someone be mean to you??? Do I need to punch someone?

I'm so proud of your attitude. It is so hard to just be by yourself. I think this is going to be an amazing year for you. Hang in there, it will get easier. Love you!

Jenny said...

I always seem to randomly get the rude comments on these types of blogs...sometimes it makes me not want to say anything personal at all! But whatevs, they're just losers who have no life and are jealous that I'm doing grad school and will have an awesome career and life in the future! :)