Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Jenny/Curtis Project: Day 3 (and 4)

Today I decided to make Greek salad with grilled salmon. The fam loves Greek food (it's one of my two favorite types of food Mexican is the other) so I figured it'd be a good meal for the parents and I.  Plus I have a thing for feta cheese... I love it...a lot...like really a lot...I usually end up picking out the feta in Greek salads and just eating that, well and the cucumbers. Mmmm feta...ANYWAY, more about my cooking tonight. I made dad bbq the salmon because, well lets face it, I really should probably never be allowed to operate a barbeque. I would probably make it explode. I'm really not kidding. So dad bbq'd the salmon for me.  I made the salad and the vingarette. Ok so it was pretty much the easiest meal ever, but whatever, it tasted oh so yummy.

pre-cooked salmon, it's marinated with salt and pepper, olive oil, a little garlic and oregano (I was lazy when looking for the oregano bottle so just used the Italian seasoning bottle, same thing right?)


Oh and this is my most favoritest feta! It's sheep's and goat's milk so its like the real deal.


And my beautiful salad. 

I am now craving something sweet...perhaps I'll have to make a dessert as well tonight...or make another bonoffee pie, that things is amazing.

Oh and I forgot I made the raspberry muffins this weekend for my friends Megan's birthday brunch! They're yummy, they don't have much flour in them, mostly powdered sugar, my type of muffin. They are rather moist muffins because of the whole raspberries in them, and I have to make my gluten free obviously so that probably changes how they are supposed to be. I'll have to experiment with them to make them less mushy (probably just some extra flour). 

Well I'm off to walk the doggie then I think I'll make something sweet for my little sweet teeths (I have a whole mouth full of sweet teeth, not just one tooth btw. I love sugar, more than I love feta). 


2 comments:

Whitney said...

I too have an almost inappropriate love for feta. I'll eat it out of the container. At this point, if I see something on a menu with feta in it, then I order it. It's a compulsion.

That salad looks insanely delicious.

Jenny said...

When we were in Greece I was in heaven because they would put literally an entire block of feta on top of the salads! It was fantastic.