Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baking soda?! Who knew!

Today mom and I stopped and Nanny's (grandma) house to help her go through her clothes for a trip her and mom are taking in about two weeks. While there she was showing us the bag she's gonna use for her makeup (she's a nervous traveler so has to have everything in order beforehand) and she had a bottle full of baking soda, and I was like what do you use that for? And she uses it as a facial scrub! I was like what?! Baking soda??



Now all through middle school and high school I had horrible skin, as did my big brother, but neither of my parents had struggled with skin problems so we figured out it came from Nanny. therefore I figured she would know what she's talking about (well for the most part).  Just in the last 4 or so years I feel like I've got my skin under control and I don't feel embarrassed about it anymore, but I still have times when it breaks out or just gets super oily or whatever. So I researched this baking soda thing and it's legit!



I tried it tonight and my skin feels so nice and soft! Who knew! A lot of reviews said not to leave it on long because it can cause irritation, but just do a quick scrub and wash it off. And people said it took away blemishes and lightened up acne scars! Sweet! Hopefully it'll help my skin, lately it's been being mean to me. i think I'll just do the scrub a couple times a week so as not to dry it out and we'll see what happens. Anyway just a tip I thought I'd pass on. Hope your hump day has been a good one!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

for some reason lately my skin hasn't been great. can't wait to try this!!

Heather said...

What! I must try this.