Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Jenny/Curtis Project: Day 7

Captains log #246982 oh wait sorry, wrong thing....

Today for dinner I made roasted pork tenderloin with apple compote. It was yummy, I'm not always a big fan of fruit with meats, but this was goooood. And I couldn't help but think of that Brady Bunch episode where Peter is like practicing to be Humphrey Bogart so walks around saying "Pork chops and apple sauce." But maybe thats just me...I remember random things. Anyway I'm not a big meat cooker, I just don't like to do it (other than chicken) because it usually takes forever and you have to like prepare it and defrost it and stuff. But this wasn't too bad, I just threw some salt and garlic and marjoram on it and threw it in the oven for about and hour and a half. and voila! I didn't have enough brandy for the compote...so it probably would have tasted a bit better if I had, but it turned out just fine.

peeling apples


cooking apples for compote


noms.

2 comments:

Amanda Tyson said...

That looks sooo good!! AND-- I totally remember that Brady Bunch episode!! That made me laugh out loud -- I have every season of the Brady Bunch on dvd :-X

Jenny said...

YES! I knew someone else would remember that episode!!!