Monday, May 17, 2010

a little bit of a secret...

So I have kinda a secret, well not really, but kinda. I'm applying to a different school for a different master's program. I'm applying for the Design for sustainability M.A at Savannah College of Art and Design. I'm super duper excited because I feel like I've finally found where I fit in the design community! I get bored with just picking out colors and furnishings and making space plans, its just not me. I feel like sustainable design is my calling! And I love it because its not just about "green" design, its also about designing with the future in mind, so that people will be able to use their space for a lifetime if they so choose! And then of course designing so that our designs and our lives will sustain this beautiful earth of ours!

I'm trying not to get too excited about it though because I've had schools and programs that I was super excited about before and they don't happen, so I don't want to jinx this. But I have a good feeling, and it would be awesome to have the degree and training in the area of design I love! Plus Savannah sounds like a cute city! And it's close to the water which is good cuz I love the beach! And I've never been to the South, except for Florida, so it'd be a fun adventure for a year or so! So if you could all keep this in your prayers and that it'll work out I'd appreciate it!

Psalm 24:1 The Earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it...

0 comments: