Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Jenny/Curtis Project: Day 13 and 14

This week I made myself the salted caramel popcorn! I was super excited for it because I'm a big fan of caramel popcorn. But it was kinda fail and turned more into kettle corn, my sugar wasn't cooking correctly and I think it might be because it's evaporated cane juice and not refined sugar...or I could have just done it wrong...but I swear it cooked it as long as Curtis said, longer even! ANWAY, I still like how it turned out it just wasn't really caramely caramel popcorn.





Then tonight I made the pan friend halibut and black beans except minus the black beans and plus quinoa. We didn't have any black beans and I didn't want to go to the store, so I looked in the pantry and voila, quinoa! I found a recipe for it online that sounded like it would go with halibut. Its cooked in chicken stock and lemon juice and then you put a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, basil, thyme and parsley over it. It was super yummy! And the halibut was easy, just salt and pepper and cook in pan with olive oil! done. The fam liked it a lot so I figure that means it was a success!


0 comments: