Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Olympics!!! pt.2

So last weekend my parents and I went up to Vancouver for the Olympics! It was so crazy!!! I knew there would basquillons of people....but it didn't know there would be BASQUILLONS of people! I was a little overwhelmed at it all! But we had a great time.

We went to men's curling on Saturday night and saw Canada vs Great Britain, Sweden vs France and China vs Switzerland. The Canadian curling fans were a crack up! One man in our section of the arena passed our Canadian flags to everyone, and then he had a HUGE flag (like the type that fly over big buildings) that he would wave over the crowd when Canada made a point.

Then the next day we went in search of the Olympic Flame on the waterfront. I love the cauldron this year, I think it's gorgeous! The only thing I'm mad about at the Olympics this year is that all the little red Canadian mittens (which were the hot seller) were all SOLD OUT!!! I wanted a pair so so so bad! We looked everywhere, I was about ready to start offering strangers money for their pairs I wanted them so bad! Anyway, no luck finding them. (they had an abundance of little kid sizes, I tried to make them fit...nope)









My mom has more pictures, so I'll try and post those when I get them.

0 comments: