Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Jenny/Curtis Project: Day 1

I FINALLY cooked something from Curtis's book! It took me forever! Sorry. 

Anyway tonight I made pesto linguine with garlic shrimp and roasted cherry tomatoes. I used gluten free noodles that I buy online. 

This is what Curtis' looks like...


And this is mine. I over cooked the tomatoes a bit, but everything else came out great!


THEN I made banoffee pie. It's toffee and bananas in one. The crust is supposed to be graham crackers, so I used gluten free pecan shortbread cookies instead. Then the filling is whipped cream and sliced bananas, and it's topped with toffee! Super yummy!


This is Curtis'...


And here's mine!





Dad liked it, so it was a success! :)

I'll try and keep cooking at least once a week! Stayed tuned for Day 2 soon!


2 comments:

Heather said...

mmm....it all looks so good! were either of those hard to make? cooking shrimp freaks me out, but it always tastes so good. lol!

Jenny said...

No both were pretty easy. the pie took a little longer than I thought, but that was just mostly the waiting time of letting things cool. and shrimp is pretty easy, you just cook it till its nice and pink, or you can get already cooked and just warm it up for a couple minutes.