Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Jenny/Curtis Project: Day 16

Sorry I haven't done a Curtis recipe in oh FOREVER! But trying to figure out this new vegetarian/half-hearted vegan diet has taken all my cooking energy. So anyway tonight I finally cracked open Curtis' book, it made that sad old book being opened sound too...just kidding it didn't, and found a good veggie recipe for dinner! I made the Crispy Vegetable Fritters! Its a great one for summer because it uses potatoes, zucchini's and carrots! Yum! 
These are potatoes from our garden! you're supposed to use one large russet, so these were a bit small but worked fine.

so you start by julienning all the veggies...this would work much better if you actually had a mandolin cutter thingamabob that would julienne for you...yeahhh I don't so had to use a peeler then slice the errr slices? thinner. But it worked out fine. Then you sprinkle it all with sea salt and let it sit for about 10 minutes to get all the excess water out, drain and squeeze more water out. 

Then you mix together a couple eggs and mix that in with the veggies and throw that on the griddle! 

um, yum! basically anything involving fried potatoes is fine by me!

Oh and it must be noted that our griddle is an official lefse griddle, yep thats how Scandinavian we are in this house! And if you don't know what lefse is...well there's no reason to live if you don't know what lefse is so you better find out. When Christmas rolls around I'll share with you the amazingness. We will have our annual lefse making day, its a very exciting day here. Anyway sorry, lefse tangent....

Where was I? Or right Curtis. This was a yummy meal, we had a caprese salad to finish it off. mmmm. Ok well I'm off to eat some peanut butter M&M's. night night.

0 comments: