Friday, July 2, 2010

diy skirt!

So I decided I really need more skirts for when I move, because I love looking cute everyday and skirts will keep me cool in hot and heavy Georgia heat! So because its usually cheaper to make things yourself and because no one else will have one like it, I found some diy skirts online! I'm kinda combining two patterns because one has the measurements for an adult but I love the other with the top and bottom contrasting bands, it's just measured for little girls (and the first seemed a teensy bit easier for me because I'm not a very accomplished sewer)! The fabrics I found are a pretty green vintage inspired floral and a cute pink and green stripe for the bands!

This is at Freshly Picked


And this is at House on Hill Road

So I'll post pictures of it when I finish my first one (it may take a few days because I always end getting really frustrated with sewing so usually have a crying breakdown and one point)! I scoped out more fabrics at our little local fabric shop for another skirt! I'm thinking blue and white with patch pockets for that one! 

0 comments: