Friday, June 25, 2010

Body scrub

In my never ending quest to find new ways to be more sustainable I decided to whip up my own body scrub! I just went online and google'd a sugar scrub. It was super easy to make! Here's what a I learned.

For a sugar scrub you want to use raw sugar or brown sugar. And you can use really any type of oil you want, I chose grape seed oil...that was the only one we had besides canola and using canola just seemed weird to me for some reason. The sugar to oil ratio is 2:1. Then you can add any yummy essential oil you want to it! 

So I used 1/2 cup of brown sugar 

and 1/4 cup of grape seed oil 

and put in about ten drops of grapefruit essential oil! 


The recipe I found said you could add in lemon zest, but I didn't have any lemons. What I made was the perfect amount for scrubbing everything! The only thing is that it made the shower a bit slippery, so be careful! 

0 comments: