Thursday, December 3, 2009

Road Trip

So last night mommy and I go back to Wa from our three day drive up the West Coast! It was actually pretty fun. We took highway 1 through California then 101 the rest of the way up. We started in Santa Monica and wound our way through Monterey and up to San Francisco the first day. It was absolutely gorgeous! I had never seen much of the California coast line before this, so I loved it (although I started getting car sick just before hitting Monterey because the road literally follows the coast line...oh man).


 Then the next day we went through wine country/Northern California and saw a little of the Redwoods and made it into Oregon late that night. Even by the light of the moon the Oregon coast line is breathtaking. I wished it had been light though to be able to see it really well. And then on yesterday we went up to Lincoln City OR then headed inland to I-5 and sped up North to home.


Once we hit the 5 then we both started getting restless and just wanted to make it home, and of course traffic was awful, but luckily we found a way avoid it and made it home pretty fast. Daddy and the animals were all waiting for us. I'm glad to be home, but at the same time I'm kinda like ok now what? But I'm just gonna finish up this semester of school and get through Christmas then I'll really start figuring out what I'm doing...i.e look for a part time job. Anyway here's some pics from Thanksgiving in San Diego (ok its only of the Zoo but whatevs) and mom's and mine drive North.











this must be in Southern CA somewhere but can't remember where...


This is about 30 miles South of Monterey CA


Mommy and me


Ground Squirrel that really really wanted snacks from us. Like he was gonna bite our hand off if we didn't feed him!!


This is still Cali, but can't remember where.


This is Babe the blue Ox at TREES OF MYSTERY in the Redwood Forest.


And this is Paul Bunyon. (oh and the gnome in the pics is moms traveling gnome that goes on all our trips. I have one too but he got packed away.)

0 comments: