Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where's Fall?

I knew that California weather would be totally different from Washington, but seriously, 90 degrees in October! I miss Fall. I want it back. It's such a pretty season because the world goes from being green to being firey orange and red and bright yellows. Here, it's still all green but slowing turning to brown. How depressing. And who would've thought that sun could get so depressing too. It can though, when you have it everyday and sweltering heat everyday you start to get sick of it and start praying for rain or even a tiny cloud to cover the sun just for a minute. There is relief in sight though, Saturday says showers and only 69! I don't trust the weather forecast here though, they say rain and it never comes. Ever. So the girls and I are going to start doing hikes around us. We live right up against the foothills (foothills to what mountains don't ask me) so we figured there had to be fun trails. I found a book last weekend that has easy hikes all over Southern California, so we've marked the ones we want to do around us and are going to start hiking this month (since it's so much cooler than the summer months). One of the trails is part of the Pacific Crest Trail and at one point you can see the Mojave Desert! Weirdo, I didn't realize we were so close to the desert! Well I did, but didn't. And if we feel like going farther we could you know just hike the rest of the Pacific Crest up to Canada! Ha yeah right!

0 comments: