Monday, February 21, 2011

The Glad Game.

I was thinking about Pollyanna tonight (Swiss Family Robinson is on tv and the little brother who plays the annoying little boy in Pollyanna made me think of it....just so you know), and thinking of her made me think of her "glad game."



You know the game where she takes an unhappy situation, or an annoyance and finds something to be glad about! In the movie she says her dad read through the whole bible and found 800 verses which tell us to rejoice or to be glad or happy, and if God told us that that many times it must be important. So we should find the happiness in everything.

Well I decided that in the next three weeks, my last three weeks of this quarter I'm going to play the glad game. I'm usually a pretty optimistic person, but I can be a whiner, especially when I'm tired. And I'm tired, this quarter has worn me out. So anyway, instead of being a whiner over the next three weeks I'll make myself find the happy instead!

So here I go. I'm glad that its only three weeks until this quarter is over! I'm glad its less than a month until my parents and aunt come and we go to Hilton Head for a week! I'm glad I'm halfway through my program! I'm glad I got to take a photography class this quarter. And I'm glad its cancelled all week so I get to sleep in tomorrow and Thursday! Oh and I'm glad I had to make floor plans for class tomorrow because it keeps my CAD skills in check. And I'm glad to live somewhere warm and sunny in February so I can go for walks around the park in the afternoons.

So there you go, all the reasons to be glad tonight.

I'm already feeling lighter and happier! And I needed that after the last weeks.


photos from weheartit

1 comments:

Heather said...

I forgot about the glad game! That is a great idea. I think I should play this too! I'm glad that I have a margarita. I'm glad that I turned in a cover letter and resume today. I'm glad that I'm going to the mountains this weekend. I'm glad that Jenny is my triplet.