Thursday, February 24, 2011

Girl Scout cookies

I have a confession. I have never ever eaten one Girl Scout cookie. It's true. Growing up none of my friends did Girl Scouts and we never bought any from the kids selling them; and then I found out I have celiac when I was 17....so I didn't have a chance. I've always felt a little left out because everyone exclaims at how amazing they, and really I'm not a huge boxed cookie fan, I like homemade so I can't imagine that they're that great, but sadly it is something I will never know. Unless of course the Girl Scouts open up their marketing to include us gluten intolerant people (hint hint Girl Scouts)! Seriously, they'd tap into a huge market, gluten free peeps would DIE if they could eat Girl Scout cookies. But they can't just do it willy nilly, make sure to get a true gluten free baker to come up with the recipes so they aren't crap. I hate when companies start doing gluten free but they don't take time to make it good. We like to enjoy our treats too, just like the average eater. Anyway, this was just my random thought for the night.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I found this link for homemade thin mints. You could try substituting and make these. http://bakingbites.com/2005/10/thin-minties/

Jenny said...

sweet! project for Spring break!

Whitney said...

Jenn, the thin mints are pretty addictive, but you aren't missing much. Boxed cookies are kind of lame, Girl Scout or otherwise. It looks like Heather is on to something with that recipe. Make those and know that they're probably waaaay better than anything you can buy from a nine year old girl.