Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A true Californian....

So I was accepted into a Master's program through the Academy of Art University. It's in San Fran but I'm doing it all online so I'm officially staying in Cali. It's so weird! When I moved down here I was like well it's only for a year because I'll do school next year so I'll be moving. Plus I never really wanted to move to California. I was never one of those people who dreamt of sun and beaches, I was happy in Seattle. But now that I'm in school and I don't need to move I'm not going to. I'm sick of moving, I have at least once a year since 2003 and it sucks! So I'm staying...which means I will have become a Californian resident. I know it's trivial and stupid but it makes me sad. I miss Washington and I'll be sad to not officially be a Washingtonian anymore! And I guess now when I'm somewhere far away and people ask where I'm from I'll have to say LA.

I just find it strange that I'll soon be a Californian, my car will be a Californian, I'll have one of those horrid yellow liscenses and a stupid white liscense plate for my car. But I'll always be a Seattle girl at heart, and I really really want to end up back there someday because it's home and always will be.

I'm finally starting to see why God brought me down here. I would have never found this job, or found the school or done a lot of other things I have over the past year if I hadn't moved here with my girls! So for now, it's here.

1 comments:

Heather said...

I know! It's so weird to think that we are down here doing our thing; I never would have pictured myself living in SoCal. I'm also dreading the act of officially becoming a Californian, one of the many. But you're right we will always be PNW girls at heart.