Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm still here.

I didn't feel like blogging over my Christmas break and I just plain haven't had time since getting back to school! This quarter has started off crazy busy and it's only going to get worse! Today I left at 10:30 for class and basically didn't get home until 8pm. Had to work on a group thing in between classes...I'm happy with my classes though, and pretty excited about my three projects...it's just a lot!

In one class we're picking up where another class ended and redesigning a boring old strip mall to be sustainable. At least we're proposing the design and changes...hopefully we'll see some come to fruition, but who knows. In my other class we're designing a new "building" or extension of our school of design building our of shipping containers, and making it totally sustainable! It'll be a student hang out/eat/do homework place as well as hopefully have a classroom and a couple offices for the sustainability profs! I REALLY hope this one happens while I'm still here, it's going to be SO AWESOME! And it's fun because our class is combined with the undergrad sustainable minor and they're super gung-ho about it so we're all getting along great! And then finally my third class is a total departure for me and it's a documentary photography class! its my elective. I'm the only not photography student in it. gah! But I'm going to document the feral cat colonies around Savannah for the quarter as my project for that.

I'll try and get on here and show updates on our project. But I won't have any time really to blog for real, this quarter is just too too busy! I know, I know welcome to grad school right?