Friday, October 9, 2009

Five things I love about California!

So I decided that from now until I've moved back to Seattle I'm going do 5 things I love about California instead of just a general 5 things I love.

I never thought I'd live in Cali, I was never one of those girls dreaming of sun and beaches, in fact I'd take cold over hot any day. But since moving here I've come to love so many things about it! I used to think everything about California was gross but now, not so much! There's def still things that I hate here, but there's so much to love too! So here is my first installment of Five Things I Love About California.


1. Beaches!
I have always loved just lying in the sun and getting a tan, but since I moved here I have become a champion sun bather! I love it! And I love that you can go to the beach year round here! We had 80 degree weather in January, JANUARY! So what did we do, went to the beach. On Easter it was warm so where did we celebrate Christ dying for our sins? At the beach of course.

I'll miss real sand and water thats freezing cold but not enough to give you hypothermia by just stepping in it (ahem Washington water). I'll miss seeing palm trees on the beach and cute surfer boys and sexy life guards saving little boys from the waves. The pictures below are AshleeHeather, and me at our favorite spot, Little Corona Del Mar, in November 2008 (yeah I said November).










2. Concerts!
We went to so many concerts (are still going to a few) while we lived here! LA is like the mecca of good concerts! I actually fell in love with music while living here. I used to kinda just care less about music, I mean I liked it but was like meh whatev. Now I love finding new artists and going to concerts, especially at smaller venues. Its just so much fun! The picture is of the twins and I with our favorite boys, Chris, Brian and Rhett from Barcelona (if you haven't checked them out DO!)






3. Disneyland!
We live, no joke, 20 minutes away from Disneyland! (ok so maybe more in traffic, but if you go early on a Sunday morning it goes fast) I went to Disneyworld and Disneyland when I was little and liked it, but I hadn't been since I was nine years old. So when friends would go in like highschool or college and come back and talk about how fun it was I would just be like yeah yeah whatever it's not that great. OMG was I wrong! I love Disney! All the girls and I have season passes and in May we went at least four times! We have our favorite rides to go on and can totally time it perfectly so we barely have to wait in any lines because we Fast Pass the major rides. I'll miss being able to be like hey guys lets go to Disney tonight when we're bored on a Friday night.









4. VEGAS!
I had been to Vegas twice the summer I was 15 (yeah I know twice?! I went with mom and dad and then my best friend Desiree was going with her parents and she needed a friend so they paid for me to go too!) It was ok back then, like we had fun at the pools and shopping, but I wasn't too impressed.

But then a few days before my 24th birthday back in January I was like hey girls let's do something fun! (we were all at work and texting back and forth) And Heather says ok let's do Vegas...she didn't think Ashlee and I would take it seriously. We did. So on Wednesday we decided to go to Vegas Friday night for my birthday! My parents ended up paying for our hotel room for my present. It's a three hour drive from where we live, so we got into town at 9 ish. We stayed out until I think 3, then went back to the room to sleep for a few hours before driving back home the next morning. It was crazy but one of the most fun birthdays of my life (22 was good too LOL)!

Then this summer in August we went back to Vegas with all of our friends from Seattle to celebrate the four August birthday girls. We were there for a weekend, and we went out and gambled and danced and had so much fun! I'll miss being only 3 hours away from Vegas and being able to take off at a moments notice for a night of fun!












5. Sunset Blvd.
Our very first Hollywood night took place on Sunset Blvd. It was such an awesome night and I'll never ever forget it! We went to see Barcelona at the Viper Room and ended up staying until 2AM hanging out and dancing with them! It was such a blast. We've spent a bit of time on Sunset since (mainly at Ketchup our fave restaurant, which will be coming in a later blog). Its so fun for people watching and shopping and dreaming of amazing things you could buy if only you had money. Also I only worked about 10 minutes from Sunset so sometimes would have to go pick things up at stores there! It was so bizarre! I would literally go to a hardware store on freaking Sunset Blvd. to pick up something for my boss! How weird is that??





0 comments: