Sunday, October 18, 2009

Five more reasons I love Cali.

5 more reasons to love Southern California


1. In N Out Burger!

We love going here because it's like five bucks for a full meal! And they make "protein style" burgers so I can actually eat one! (allergic to wheat). It's amazing. We live like literally 2 minutes from one...its dangerous. I'll definitely miss In N Out when I move back up North.





Protein style burger



2. The Troubadour!

This is our favorite venue for concerts in LA! It's small so you can see the stage no matter where you're standing, and it's not in such a creepy part of LA so that it's scary to walk around at night. Plus it's always where Barcelona plays when they're in LA. Yeah we love the Troub. (we gave it a nickname)



(Troubadour during the day, looks super weird)


(Barcelona on stage)


(us with Brian)


3. Claremont

This is the town we live in. When Jessie and I came down to look at apartments with Heather the minute we drove into Claremont we knew it was where we wanted to live (plus Heather had her internship right in town). It's not dirty and creepy like a lot of cities can be East of LA. It's full of colleges so they keep is super safe and nice. And it's just a quirky little town and fun to live in!

The pictures are from our random "photo shoots" we'll do around town when we get bored. If you wanna see more go to these two links:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2044696&id=42900554&l=26530853e2
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2053497&id=42900554&l=1897e9fa58
(sorry wouldn't let me make actual links you can click on).







(our favorite wall in town)





(the best store in town)






4. The purple trees. AKA. Jacaranda Trees

In the spring these trees start to bloom and it's just magnificent! Our town has them lining the main street. I love them because you never see purple trees! They're so colorful and happy in the spring! Maybe I'll plant one wherever I end up living one day...






5. hummingbirds.

On my walks from work to my bus stop I loved watching the hummingbirds busy in the gardens and flowering trees. And the great thing about Southern Cali is that there aren't really seasons, so hummingbirds stay year round! They're just such happy little birds, buzzing from here to there, trying to dive bomb me if I get to close to their flower. We get them during the summer months in Seattle, but I'll miss seeing them in winter months. They're like little flying jewels that just always seem magical.




0 comments: